Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Polly


On July 27, we lost a very special part of the family. My precious Polly went to doggie heaven at 5:30 am. She died right between Pat and I in our bed. We don't know what happened to her, but we think she had some sort of neurological problem, which led to a stroke or an aneurysm. She began to act funny on Sunday, but nothing we thought was life threatening. My plan was to take her to the vet first thing in the morning. I kept waking up to check on her and to see what time it was and as the night went on I got more worried. Then at 5:30 Pat and I both heard her move around and do this weird arching, stretching thing and the next thing we know she is not breathing and then her heart stopped. It all happened so fast. We continued to pet her and told her how much we are going to miss her.

Later that morning, my mom and sister came over to see Polly. Then Pat, my sister and I headed to Boonville, MO to bury her on his Dad's farm. We will always know where she is and we can go visit her. We had a grave stone made for her too. She is going to be greatly missed.

Polly was such a loving, adorable pet. She was the ideal lap dog. She loved to have her belly and her paws rubbed. She loved to steal toys from her brother Harley and they also liked to play tug of war. Her favorite past time was sleeping. I am very saddened that she won't get to meet Charlie. I know they would have had lots of fun together. Harley also misses his little sister too. He has been sad and looking for her to cause some trouble.

RIP Polly, We miss you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment